08 June, 2007

The Call of the Wild

Went to yoga today and did my back in doing the Cobra. That was not the bloody point of going!

I noticed yesterday that whenever LSS calls me up at work, I immediately realise that I’m dying for the loo and have to cut the conversation short – so he always thinks I’m monumentally busy at work, when in fact I am just dashing off to the loo. I think it is because when I’m working I tend to filter out all the messages from my body. It is only when my concentration is broken, eg by LSS’s phone-call, that I realise I have been needing the loo for the past hour.

I’ve also noticed that often when I go into a bookshop, I immediately find myself needing the loo. I thought this was just my own particular weirdness, but other people have mentioned this as well. Must be something to do with the new-book smell, I think, that triggers it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

Yikes ... hope your back is doing better now.

About going to the washroom at the bookstore, I wonder if you used to do your reading while you were in the washroom when you were a child. Your mind might have this connection between books and going to the washroom.

3:01 am  
Blogger watergirl said...

Oh wow! I have the bookstore problem too! But find it's even worse in greeting card stores... and then when I find funny greeting cards... well you get the idea! van

4:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you moisten up nicely, Phiz.

11:31 am  
Blogger dgny said...

Cobra? It's a gentle back bend! Too much moving stress, sounds like you need a massage, tension girl.

The only effect bookstores have on me is emptying my wallet.

11:02 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

It may be a gentle backbend to you, yoga girl! It's walking-around-like-an-old-lady-for-a-day for me.

7:19 am  
Blogger dgny said...

I blame your teacher. It is a gentle backbend, if you did your back in, they weren't teaching it right.

Speaking of fun yoga postures, I learned this one last night. Well, I could get my foot behind my head, but I had to hold it.

5:26 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

clearly this guy has been in an accident and dislocated every bone in his body.

I blame the teacher as well - he was going around pressing down on everyone's backs to make us arch more. Ordinarily, this is fine, but for some reason my back objected that day.

1:51 am  
Blogger Tiny said...

DG: How is it possible for a person to turn into a pretzel?

2:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home