06 June, 2007

Fully Occupied

Nothing much to post as my head is full of nothing but moving. We have, hopefully, found ourselves somewhere to live for the next couple of months, in Barnes. It looks really nice in the photos, much nicer than our actual flat.

What is not occupied with moving is occupied with plotting my novel, which is great fun. It's a fantasy novel - I can understand why people write these, as you are not constrained by the facts of history, geography, physics etc at all. You can make it up entirely.

There is a photo of the loopy writer previously mentioned on the front page of the Guardian Online today, looking deranged in a meadow. On the plus side, the article led me to a review of her stupid book in the Sunday Times, which says pretty much everything I have to say on the subject.

LSS has gone out for curry with the boys tonight. I was supposed to be out at an end of year theology group dinner in Disco Bay, but got so hung up at work that in the end I missed it. Came home and had pizza instead. Not sure that this isn't a vast improvement on the DB dinner. The last time I had anything to do with church people I ended up sitting through 90 minutes of the very nice vicar's photos of his trip to the Holy Land. Aaaargh!

5 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

In my 6 years in HK, I only made it to DB once. I didn't mind a bit.

Does the let flat come with internet?

5:55 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

Good question! If not, hopefully we can parasite off other people's wireless broadband. I definitely cannot live without daily internet.

I have never been to DB, in 4 years.

1:39 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is end of year theology?

3:27 am  
Blogger FBT said...

It's like end of time theology, only less apocalyptic. Instead of the heavens opening and sinners being cast into a fiery pit, you just go for a dinner in DB.

4:42 am  
Blogger 962 said...

I lived in DB for 9 years and the best bit was the Easter baptisms where people threw themselves into the see as the sun rose. Quite theologically romantic. Have not been back since I left 9 years ago and I dont miss it either. Its like living in a sureal world where the only chinese people you have to deal with are the landlords and other members of service industries.
I know some people who have lived there since the begining.
Takes all sorts.

6:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home