11 August, 2007

Culture

those wise IT folk in the London office block access to Blogger, so I cannot blog at work, which I think we all agree is probably just as well. Still no desk, phone, PC, Blackberry etc. Going to Mexico office next Sunday. Preparing by watching the Magnificent Seven: "We are poor farmers. We know nothing of synthetic collateralised loan obligations."

The Cultural Communications Commissar sent round a note last week seeking interest in a tour of that How We Are photographic exhibition at the Tate, so I signed up. They sent round a note this week, saying that only 2 people (me and a very very big cheese) had signed up, so it was cancelled. This in an office of thousands of people! I cannot help but note that both I and the big cheese are from Asia. Culture is wasted on these English bankers (replace with your own word). All they ever talk about is cricket in the summer and rugby and football in the winter.

Anyway, instead I nabbed 2 corporate free passes to the Tate this weekend, so, the MITHics will be having a cultural encounter this Saturday.

7 Comments:

Blogger gilamonster said...

Ooh, we're going to Gormley tomorrow.

12:10 pm  
Blogger Tiny said...

Football as in soccer, I assume?

I still have access to Blogger at work but I don't do any blogging at the office though. I'd be happy if I have some time for browsing the news headline online.

2:21 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

ah glamorous Gormley. We're going to Winchelsea to see the in-laws.

7:12 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Um, how do you say Winchelsea?

2:50 am  
Blogger FBT said...

as spelled, of course. But it's no good asking me, I am a mere colonial cousin and naively say everything as spelled, thus leading to much hilarity among the natives.

8:49 am  
Blogger 962 said...

so I can see with this attitude you will not pass your
How to a British person exam.

You must bone up on more rugby and footbal statistics.
Its not hard most of the questions will be on when England won something so there wont be many answers.

3:56 am  
Blogger fish said...

Culture is wasted on these English bankers

Who make American bankers look like hillbillies.

6:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home