04 August, 2007

Innocent Fete

Back at work. I have no desk, phone, PC and am perched at the desk of someone who is on holiday. I am distinctly underwhelmed.

Everyone in London seems to be desperately young. Went to the Innocent Fete in Regent's Park today and marvelled at the swarms of pulchritudinous twenty-something flesh abounding. There were however quite a few whales heaving around as well. It was a scorching hot day and we came up with a good new business idea for the whales: renting out their shadows as shade for over-heated picnickers. I personally would happily have paid someone GBP2 to stand there for fifteen minutes while I ate my overpriced meze. For scrawnies taken with this idea, but sporting insufficient shadow, they could go on Dragon's Den and compete for seed capital to fatten themselves up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

The sky is blue and it's very sunny today. One reason I spent the last 3 hours lying on my couch reading a book - there is air-conditioning in here while it's hot hot hot outside.

It will take a while to get used to being back at work. Good luck!

7:32 pm  
Blogger 962 said...

Perched on a desk how very avian

8:23 am  
Blogger FBT said...

indeed. Maybe Mother will take a picture of me and put me in his blog.

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home