15 May, 2013

Minor panic today when I saw £750 going out on my credit card for the Oberoi Gurgaon. Had I forgotten to claim back the expense? Had no recollection whatsoever of having done so. Dashed back home. Couldn't find the receipt in my bag. Checked my account online. Could see an amount coming back in from the bank, identical but for 11p. It's got to be the expense being refunded by the bank, hasn't it? Hasn't it? Oh, God, the old brain is going.

Drinks today with the team at after what seems to have been about 5 months of non-stop work. Asked one of the chaps, "What's the most blokeish thing you do that you're secretly proud of?" He had no idea what I was talking about. They kept on coming up with blokeish things that they did that were genuinely something to be proud of. The moral of the story is that it is impossible to get your average bloke to say anything that is remotely self-deprecating. Take them off familiar ground and they're lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home