18 April, 2007

My Blemish

My horrible blemish has gone through several phases: first it started off as an itch. Then it became more like a spot. Then it flourished into a fully fledged thing that on any other part of my body I would have called a boil. Everyone kept on telling me to go to the doctor, and I kept on saying, No, no, I don't want to overuse antibiotics! like some kind of deranged Christian Scientist. Last night, I tried DG's application of hot teabag - which is indeed very soothing, thank you, DG - which caused the top to come off. Good, I thought, that'll relieve the inflammation. But no pus came out. I could see something whitish in there, but no amount of "encouragement" would make it come out. Overnight the thing crusted over nicely and is no longer so swollen, but that just makes it all the easier to see that there is a round blob of SOMETHING in there. I am now convinced that I am the unwilling host of some horrible organism, which is going to burst out of my head, like a hideous anti-Athena from the forehead of Zeus.

I may go to the doctor after all.

Apologies to anyone reading this over their breakfast.

2 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Sounds like a stye. Continue with the hot tea bag and go get some antibiotic eye drops. I like the pharmacy on Queen's Road, right before you get to the Midlevels Escalator access point. They'll sort you out.

5:00 am  
Blogger FBT said...

thank you, DG, you know everything

5:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home