05 July, 2007

Blonde Divorcee

At Larry's new school today, we were being shown round with a blonde very made-up woman. She divulged to LSS that she was moving her daughter into Y6 at the school because she (the blonde, not the daughter) was getting divorced and so the daughter could no longer stay at her private school. She was obviously dying to spill her guts on the subject(and LSS was dying to hear it) but sadly, no time.

I accidentally dissed the same woman later on, because she turned up at the Admin Offices just as the admissions secretary had finished giving me her whole spiel on things administrative for next term. Oh, I said, you'll have to say the same thing all over again now. Oh, sorry, says the blonde divorcee, I'm a bit late, obviously thinking that I was getting at her.

That is the difference between LSS and me: something about him makes total strangers tell him their life stories. Something about me makes total strangers think that I am judging them and finding them wanting. This is so unfair. LSS is actually much more judgmental than me, whereas I tend to have no opinion at all on most people that I meet.

6 Comments:

Blogger MacDuff said...

I dont believe you are in the UK - its 18.29 on the the 5th of July butyour post has the date 00.31 6th July.
Is this some elaborate conspiracy?

6:30 pm  
Blogger Sir Compton Valence said...

You've still got your blog clock set to Honkers time, Phiz. We rustics are easily confused by such whiz-bangery.

7:44 pm  
Blogger Songshards said...

I know just what you mean. I put it down to Etch's friendly curiosity about people (and my general awkwardness around them) that they seem to pick up on but perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye. Something to do with auras and chi energies and things beyond me.

11:48 pm  
Blogger gilamonster said...

Oy - you've been here nearly a whole week and not been in touch with your small blister. Sheesh.

12:15 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Funny you post on people finding you disagreeable and all (except Singers, of course) the comments are complaints!

I'm sure the divorcee was just trying out her charms, now she's back in the market. That means being nice to men and an evil cow towards women. Nothing to do with you at all.

3:20 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

sorry Blobs. I've been ill. And I haven't had a UK phone. And you know I'm appalling at calling. Hey, that's poetry!

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home