13 August, 2007

First or Last?

When you have a selection of food eg box of Quality Street, do you eat your favourite first or save it till last?

I used to save it till last. Unfortunately everyone else in the family - except Mo - eats the best first, which means that by the time I get round to it, all the nice ones are gone. I am therefore now forced to go against the grain of my personality and eat my favourites first, which means that there's nothing left to look forward to. How can people do this? What is life without anticipation?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

This is a different world. I used to save the best for last. However, in order to survive, I have learned to grab something that I love before it's too late.

3:28 am  
Blogger dgny said...

I eat black liquorice instead. The G hates it, so I can eat it as fast or slow as I please. Vanilla ice cream, too. Now I understand why my Dad used to like it so much.

Or I buy two boxes and hide mine.

Of course I don't east most chocolates anymore - they all have that dreaded soy lecithin (or however you spell the work of the devil) in them and it makes me sick. Wah.

3:56 am  
Blogger 962 said...

I never ever share my sweets

I eat them all myself and alwayus take the best ones when anybody offers sweets to me.

Actually, this is all a lie I dont like chocolate but I do like vanilla ice cream and lemon sorbet in fact any sort of sorbet.

5:49 am  
Blogger Songshards said...

Same story - like saving the best for last but not always able to. So I learnt to savour the taste of my favourites. Isn't memory as good as anticipation?

3:15 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Isn't memory as good as anticipation?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home