27 March, 2009

Exotic Bird of Passage

Irish Academic paid us a flying visit. She was in town to try to get a Mozambican visa, more fool her. Unfortunately it was on exactly the day that my incipient sore throat turned into full-blown 24-hour flu, so all I could do was lie in bed pathetically. Oddly enough it is the first time I have been ill since just before last Christmas, which was also the last time that Irish Academic paid us a visit. So now she thinks that I am constantly ill. Either that or I just don't want to talk to her and I am just putting it on.

Oops just remembered that I have invited Baby Squish round to dinner tomorrow and I may have inadvertently forgotten to mention it to LSS, which is a bit silly considering it is he who is going to have to cook the dinner. Maybe I should let him know...

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Do you think that this sudden burst of illness in one so healthy before might possibly have anything to do with the fact you live in somewhat cooler circumstances than modern man needs to?

6:34 am  
Blogger FBT said...

I am living as nature intended for those evolved to survive in temperate climates - i.e. covered in goosebumps and in a state of semi-hibernation for 6 months of the year.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Remind your immune system to wake up!

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home