20 April, 2007

The End of Childhood

Miss Merde Alors said to me, Did you know Britney Spears shaved her head?

Britney Spears’ body hair is a favourite conversational topic of mine, so I gave a positive response.

Why did she do that, asks MMA.

I told her that she was going through a very stressful time because she had just split up with her husband, and as everyone knows, whenever women go through big changes in their lives, they always change their hairstyle.

Split up?! says MMA. What’s that? (Amazing that there is a single expat child left in HK who does not know this.)

I explained that once they were married and now they are divorced.

Why did they split up, asks MMA.

I told her that Britney’s husband was useless and it was the best thing that could have happened to her, but nonetheless it was still very stressful, hence the bald-look.

At this point LSS draws me aside and indicates that a simple “I don’t know” would have sufficed as an answer to all the above questions.

What did I say wrong? It’s not like I told her that there are men who like sleeping with goats.

2 Comments:

Blogger MacDuff said...

I once left my goat in a pub.

9:31 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

What kind of an answer is I don't know? Aiya, LSS. Today it may be the baldy, but tomorrow it might be Think I oughta try crack? A good answer on the nothing stuff gets you the real deal later. I don't know. Pshaw.

4:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home