08 July, 2007

Sunday Morning

Got up at 4.30 this morning. Mo was already up. He and I are the larks in the family. Sorted out a stack of chores, filled in forms for the kids' schools, gave kids their breakfast (toast for Curly and Mo, leftover minestrone for Larry), put on a load of laundry and sauntered across the road to the 8am Book of Common Prayer service. There were only 6 people there including me and the vicar, but it was nice. I like my thees and thous. And they still say the Kyrie Eleison, which gives me a pleasant sense of continuity with my friends the Byzantines. In Decline and Fall, Constantinople has finally fallen and the last emperor has been identified amidst a pile of the slain by the golden eagles embroidered on his shoes. LSS is out of the bath and now we are going to the London Wetlands Centre.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

4:30? That's kind of early!

4:28 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

You can get a lot done if you get up at 4:30. I usually don't wake until about 5, tho. Has to be light out. In the winter, of course, some days i don't get up at all.

6:24 pm  
Blogger gilamonster said...

But you didn't go to the Wetlands Centre...

6:53 pm  
Blogger 962 said...

I really dont know what all the fuss is about when the HF decided to reintroduce the Latin theme
Not being able to understand what the vicar/priest is talking about aides the pleasurable task of trying to see how many pews your prayer mat can slide under.

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home