13 August, 2007

Gym

Read a really harsh review by Rhoda Koenig in the Standard today, on Lucy Mangan's new book. This is odd, because I've thought for some time that Lucy Mangan is the best thing in the Guardian - she is that rare thing (don't kill me, everyone) - a woman who is funny. And that even rarer thing - a Guardian columnist who's funny. Put the two things together and the improbability is staggering. I have never read anything by Rhoda Koenig which made me think anything more than, Huh, so I believe I will stick to my own opinion and splurge on the Mangan book anyway. Or at least read the first paragraph in Books Etc.

Went on a tour of the corporate gym today with two little blonde Australian temps. We had to walk down rows of men pounding on the running machines and flexing on the weights - a bit like Jane Russell with the Olympic squad in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. It was deliciously testosterony. Certainly enough to make me sign up for the gym on the spot.

3 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Rugged men! YUM!

3:52 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you like the harsh reviews, Phiz?

11:36 am  
Blogger FBT said...

well I like delivering them.

10:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home