11 September, 2007

Pretty Blondes

On my mission to talk more and e-mail less yesterday and it worked! Work was substantially less dull. Did I get more done? I don't think I got less done and some things were certainly resolved quicker. If I had e-mailed, I would still be waiting for the answers now.

Went down to talk to the boys on the desk yesterday as part of said mission, with one of my team, who is a pretty blonde Aussie. As we were in the middle of the conversation a passing trader tweaked her hair. She completely ignored him, so I assume the attention was not welcome, unsurprisingly, as she is married. It made me think it must be very difficult being a pretty blonde - certain men seem to think this gives them permission to take liberties with your person as if you were a sparkly toy.

10 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Traders. Did I ever tell you about the first time I went into a trading room? Since it was a dull Friday afternoon, his 'mates' had the youngest of the bunch dangling out of the window, holding him only by his ankles. This was the 20-something floor of course. Illict substances definitely involved. Traders indeed. Your colleague did right to ignore this lout.
What happened to Mo's and Larry's blogs?

9:48 am  
Blogger 962 said...

People, mostly quite normal used to do a similar thing when my wife was pregnant. It was as though her tummy was a magnet.

Strange

10:26 am  
Blogger Songshards said...

Try being my height. Almost everyone thinks it's a perfectly acceptable, friendly gesture to pat me on the head. Aiyaah.

12:43 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

A cyclist this morning was looking at my head and got *such* a stare on, I thought he was going to run into something, maybe me. So I said good morning and startled him.

Is the blonde short? I think height is a distinct advantage when pretty.

8:07 pm  
Blogger Tiny said...

Some pretty blondes probably long for that sort of attention while some would prefer being treated as a normal person with a brain.

Songshards, I am under 5 ft tall. I guess I am lucky that very few people have tried patting my head.

1:32 am  
Blogger FBT said...

SMW - Still no broadband at home so at the moment they are not blogging as it takes them hours to craft their finely-honed blog entries.

DG - she is tall. But she was sitting down.

8:03 am  
Blogger dgny said...

Sitting down! ACK! Captive!

5:08 pm  
Blogger watergirl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:53 am  
Blogger Troika said...

Jesus, 962. They hung your pregnant wife out of a 20th storey window?

8:26 am  
Blogger 962 said...

Troika, your funny

2:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home