20 August, 2007

The Office Gym

Oh my god, why is it so cold? It's the middle of flipping August! And to add insult to injury, there is a giant mosquito buzzing insolently around the bedroom, biting my elbows and easily evading my attempts to slaughter it. How can this blasted island be cold and yet mosquito-infested? I'm beginning to think it's not a mosquito at all, but some sinister minor deity, manifesting itself as a mosquito.

Went on the treadmill at work today. Yes, yes, I know, my entire working life is a treadmill, but this was an actual treadmill, not a metaphorical one, in the gym. I've never used a treadmill before, but they are SO made for me! I can spend all my time fiddling around with the speed and the gradient in order to get my distance covered and heartrate exactly where I want it. The showers are really nice too - very big, very clean, lots of hot water, and only frosted glass in between the stalls, for a little bit of that Personal Best frisson, for those who are so inclined. Not me, of course. All in all, a very Roman experience.

Going to get my hair cut tomorrow. The average level of attractiveness around Canary Wharf is surprisingly high and I feel I am letting the side down with my low-maintenance Malaysian scruffbag look.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

A new generation of mosquitoes that have adapted to the cold weather?

12:54 am  
Blogger 962 said...

See I told you so and its only August
Before you know where you are you will be pineing for the Fjords or at least the Asian equivalent.

So whats happened to Fumie, hes deleted himeself?????

2:00 am  
Blogger dgny said...

Do the treadmills have a nice view?

2:41 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I be the only one to find the thought of Phiz on the treadmill (let alone in the shower) strangely exciting?

8:55 am  
Blogger ulaca said...

I'll see your Personal Best and raise you a Femme Fatale.

Which reminds me, I must watch the whole film one day.

3:59 am  
Blogger FBT said...

Yes thank you DG the view is lovely. Thank heavens for young men - they are like lovely little slices of cake.

8:05 am  
Blogger Tiny said...

A great incentive to go to the gym!

5:35 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Cake! What would life be without morsels?

7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home