03 September, 2007

Cleaning

Spent the whole weekend crawling around in the very dusty boxroom and even dustier watertank cupboard under the eaves hauling out yards of old junk that we should have thrown out 8 years ago, so that LSS could schlepp them down to the Wandsworth dump in our Tardis-like Prius. Also sewed nametapes onto all the kids' schoolclothes and laundered mammoth piles of bedlinen that had also been sitting around waiting for 8 years for mama to come home. I am so virtuous! Also found some very bad poetry that I wrote when I was 21, which I could not throw away fast enough. Never write poetry. That is an important life rule.

Sunday lunch at the Nightingale - sausage and mash for Mo, steak and mushroom pie for Larry, cod and chips for Curly and me. Also went down to the common to play ball with Larry. We had a tennis racquet, a plastic cricket bat and a 10-year-old hairless tennis ball.

Tube very crowded today between LB and CW. I take back everything I said about British men. They are Neanderthal thugs. 72-hour tube strike tomorrow! On the first day of school! Oh, goody!

Home broadband not scheduled to arrive till 10SEP.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

Cleaning out things that have been collected over the years can be like a walk down the memory lane.

The kids all ready for school?

11:24 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Oh, poetry. I have a stack of old diaries that I need to burn - they're even worse than poetry, believe me.

I've been debating what to do with all the letters. I have boxes of them, written to me by friends. I kept them in the vain hope some old ex or mate would become famous (or infamous, I don't care) and I could blackmail them but so far none have.

12:28 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I be the only one to find the thought of the Phiz on all fours strangely exciting?

2:03 am  
Blogger 962 said...

Strangely exciting?

Since the demise of Fumier the blog, Fumier became strangely excited at the merest hint of female activity

Phiz however was safe south of the river and a great number of Kilometres away, or was she?

Will Fumier venture to South London on a mission to seek out and exterminate poor poetry and prose written by lovesick 20 somethings.

Will he be seen on the 5th of November gleefully dancing Banshee style around a pior of unrequited love sonnets.

God Im bored today.

4:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to live quite close to where the Phiz lives now. I was definitely a south of the river person.

4:48 am  
Blogger Troika said...

I'm a Wandsworth boy, myself.

6:23 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tonsleys or Common?

7:26 am  
Blogger Tiny said...

Phiz, does the strike affect you a lot? Can you work from home or you have go in?

2:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home