16 September, 2007

Things Dental

We have broadband! Unfortunately the only place we can use it is in the kitchen with the laptop propped up on a shelf next to our wedding china.

Went to the dentist on Friday, where a very stern Iranian hygienist by the name of Tara hypnotised me into agreeing to a much more rigorous daily dental hygiene routine, by dint of repeating over and over her litany while scraping away in my mouth with her horrible high-pressure water pick - bacteria - saliva - plaque - chewing - scraps of food - etc etc. So today not only did I brush my teeth after breakfast, instead of first thing when I get up as I usually do, but since Larry was complaining about the state of her gums, I also brushed and flossed her teeth and got her to rinse her mouth with fluoridated mouthwash. Larry's mouth is now in a state of almost holy dental hygienitude. You could eat your dinner off it.

I mispronounced the word "desultory" at work on Friday. Irritating.

7 Comments:

Blogger mango said...

How did you mispronounce it? The minute I read that I realised I'd been mispronouncing it wrong my entire life. Oddly, it took only a second's pondering to realise I knew the correct pronunciation.

"Lithe" and "blithe" are two other words I spent the first two decades of my life thinking they were pronounced other than they are. Actually I prefer my wrong pronunciation of lithe, it sounds more lithe than the correct pronunciation.

1:44 pm  
Blogger random.thoughts said...

You have wedding china? On display? How decadent!

10:40 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

put the emphasis on the 2nd syllable.

11:02 pm  
Blogger 962 said...

So why is broadband only available at the edge of the kitchen. Is that the only part of your house that qualifies to be in Cyberspace???

Will your new house the totally sumptious edifice qualify for total coverage. And on that subject, will you be lining up in London for the thrill of being part of the great Northern rock bank run. I can still remember BCCI in Hong Kong and the panic that followed creating ripples into Standard Chartered. Word is that Alliance and Leicster and Bradford and Bingley are open to rumour also. Next step, 20% of house prices. Never mind the sun leads with Hesky injured.

Funny here in Hong Kong people are concerned that unemployed people cant afford the internet at home.

Having said that the UK is great for providing really good internet in Libraries

I once had an Australian girlfreind who worked on the big red bus, a holiday company going round Europe on a double decker.

She had a group of Malaysian Architectural students on board and proceeded through 11 countries calling the fronts of buildings fuckades. This may have been appropiate for some parts of Amsterdam but was questioned at the end of the trip by the students.

I am glad of that, otherwise severe canning may have occured had they used their new knowledge in Singapore
Ho hum

1:55 am  
Blogger MacDuff said...

I would love to work that word into a conversation - but I fear I never will.

Tell me it was the answer to a crossword clue to you were giving.

4:58 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

it was a description of my approach to my work. Sadly.

6:19 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

If they were as uneducated as me they probably took it as some variation of sultry and the thought may have crossed their minds -'I am in here' or even 'she should be so lucky'

1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home