30 April, 2008

Advertisement

I called up First Direct to complain about an overdraft arrangement fee that they'd hit me with. It turned out that they were perfectly entitled to hit me with it, but the nice Scottish girl I talked to waived the charge for me anyway.

People are always complaining about how their banks stiff them with horrendous charges for accidentally going overdrawn, so I thought that I would post this to demonstrate, once again, that First Direct really is the most fabulous bank - and I mean that most sincerely.

7 Comments:

Blogger gilamonster said...

Unlike the closely affiliated world's local bank

11:59 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

I find a lot of organizations waive charges if you call and act nice - which I'm sure you can do in spades. When they won't, I turn up at their office with the most chemo pink scarf I can find on my head and ...

1:36 am  
Blogger Sir Compton Valence said...

I've been with First Direct for 11 or 12 years now, maybe longer, and they are fantastic. Stodd by me through thick and thin, once authorising a huge overdraft on the spot because some prat I was buying a house from wanted a 10pc deposit. Don't think I'd have a word said against them. Co-op Bank good, too.

8:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I be the only one to become strangely excited when the Phiz uses the word "stiff"?

8:12 am  
Blogger FBT said...

Deej, maybe in Canada they will. In the UK, banks generally have to be restrained from ripping your liver out and throwing it to their packs of pet jackals just for their entertainment.

6:39 am  
Blogger MacDuff said...

I thought you were HSBC - does this mean that you need to be reprogrammed?

5:35 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Oh yes, in Canada they do too. They'll take your kidneys in the dead of night and you'll wake up with an awful headache and stitches in your back wondering what in the world happened.

2:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home