29 March, 2008

My Nose Is Knackered, My Knees Are Bent...

Oh dear I'm not a well girl. I went to see the doctor about the scratching who said gravely that it was urticaria - which I believe is medical-speak for "you have an itch" and prescribed 28 days of antihistamines. Then a huge boil blossomed on my hip which is now at the stage that I term "interesting" and the rest of my family terms "gross". None of them will let me show it to them - I do not think any of them is cut out for a profession in the medical services. I also have some kind of cold sore in the corner of my mouth. And to top it all, I have a cold. I went to the clinic yesterday to get a yellow fever jab for my forthcoming trip to Sao Paulo (where the natives howl-oh! and the bankers are foul-oh!). The nurse tried to slap me with diph-tet and hep A as well, but having consulted with me about my multifarious symptoms, told me to go away and come back when I was well.

Went to the girls' parent-teacher meetings on Thursday. Told by Curly's very nice teacher that we were lucky as, not only was Curly on their gifted and talented register (boast, boast), but she is also normal. Apparently this is quite a rare combination. Don't you just hate it when journalists boast about their children in the papers while pretending that they are really writing about some matter of general interest? Well, I am not going to do that. I am going to boast quite openly about the wonderfulness of Curly who is clearly a top brain. Although that does not prevent her from putting on her pants backwards.

Also did a good deed on the way to the school and unsolicitedly (it's a word!) helped a young mum overloaded with a buggy, shopping and a fractious child, to push the loaded buggy up the road. She looked extremely startled and not a little suspicious. I think I have slightly altered her conception of life in Olde Wandsworth Towne, and not in a good way.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sir Compton Valence said...

Boasting about your kids is cool and anyone who says otherwise is a dud. I love doing it. Also, glad you're back - thought you'd been eaten by the credit crunch.

11:57 am  
Blogger mango said...

Poor Phiz. You sound like a textbook illustration for Leviticus 13.

Isn't Larry on the talented, gifted and normal register too?

12:12 pm  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

I have a CD from Galicia called "Viaxe Por Urticaria" - never realised it was about a journey along a itch.

4:07 pm  
Blogger Tiny said...

Maybe from Curly's perspective, we all wear our pants backwards and she's the only who does it correctly.

10:17 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

When I last went back to London there was a queue for the bus at the Elephant & Castle. The bus arrived and I bent down to pick up a heavy bag to assist an elderly lady. The bitch hit me on the head with her umbrella!

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home