13 March, 2008

Rich Tea Biscuits

Groooaaaaannnn! I took the day off today to go to a Home-Start training day. Got home at about 5pm with all the fixings for Mo's birthday cake, immediately retired to bed and have spent the past 3 hours lying there groaning, apart from the time spent in the bathroom venting at both ends. I suspect the cheese and pickle sandwiches, which were suspiciously mushy. This is so unfair! Why do I have to be sick in my own time? Why am I never ill at work, so that I can say, I feel ill, and go home and be ill on my employer's time?

Anyway, feeling slightly better now so I made a request for some tea with condensed milk and a rich tea biscuit. Mind you, in the delicate condition my stomach is in, I don't know if I can handle a rich tea biscuit. Maybe just a poor tea biscuit. I must say I do wonder how much less rich a rich tea biscuit could get? It is hardly a foodstuff that is redolent of the luxury and sophistication of nights out at the Ritz, as it is. The only way they could make it any plainer would be to omit the scalloping round the edges and the words Rich Tea stamped on it.

4 Comments:

Blogger ulaca said...

Any item that's been scalloped is a fancy item in my book. Until someone comes along and pronounces it to rhyme with "galloped" rather than "walloped".

Can one get any more infra dig?

2:42 am  
Blogger dgny said...

There are so many bugs about at the moment!

I'm surprised you don't just change the time off with HR - if you're out sick and unable to be on vacation, I wouldn't think you'd have to lose that vacation time.

2:44 am  
Blogger dgny said...

Oh, Ulaca, potato pohtahto.

2:45 am  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Perhaps Waitrose dipped its fingers in the cookie jar when it came up with product names to distress you?

Word verification: bydgck, which possibly describes how you felt yesterday? Hope you're better now.

8:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home