12 March, 2008

Good Vibrations

Went down to Princess Grace’s Hospital in Baker Street for a scan (result: everything perfectly ok), where the nice nurse said: Ooh, I like your shoes. These shoes are the fashion accessory of the season as far as middle-aged ladies are concerned. Every time I wear them – which is a couple of times a week, some nice lady comments on them. They’re not boring and they don’t say I’m a man-chasing slag.

Mo got back from his camping trip in Wales in one piece. My little boy is all growed up! Have discovered brilliant locale for his 11th birthday party – Mercedes Benz World in Surrey. When LSS showed him the website, he started vibrating visibly.

Speaking of visible vibrations, there were a few people having a meeting at the breakout table near me the other day. One of them, a Chinese girl, was vibrating visibly, entirely unconsciously. It was the most distracting thing. How can you have a serious conversation with someone who is bobbing about like one of those bouncy toys on springs?

4 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

I visited a friend this morning who has a new teeny tiny little baby. I held her most of the time we were there and I was reminded how much the little ones move. Constant motion, really, from little squirmy vibrations to out and out full-body twitches, even when they're sleeping.

I'm glad I don't vibrate. I quite like sitting still.

11:34 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

Is a 'breakout table' a place where, when the main meeting stops for while, the inmates are supposed to go as a small group or syndicate and pretend to give a toss about the crap going on in the bigger room?
I had a scan 5 weeks ago now and still havent had the result. I am damn sure they have lost the file again.

4:37 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

No, it is the table where desperate inmates go to discuss their pitiful escape plans, which normally involve some huge statistical improbability, like winning Euromillions on a rollover week.

5:17 pm  
Blogger gilamonster said...

Well done, Mo! Is the tank party off then?

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home