14 November, 2008

Freecycle

I have become the world's biggest fan of Freecycle. Since we desperately need furniture and we have no money, everyday I eagerly check my Freecycle folder to see if anyone in Wandsworth if giving away any good stuff. So far, we have got a couple of nice solid dining chairs and I have a line in for an upright piano. Hoping to get another four Heals' dining chairs next week and also a desk for Mo and some topsoil for the garden. It's amazing the stuff people will just give away! We've also managed to find a taker for the long mysterious strips of pine that were left behind by the previous owner of the house. And we've acquired a perfectly acceptable sofa (although that was just from the father of one of Curly's friends at school). OK, none of this stuff is our dream furniture, but it will all do perfectly well until we can afford the dream furniture. And we are also being green and not consuming the world's resources and all-in-all coming over all WW2 frugal and Blitz spirity.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sir Compton Valence said...

Got rid of a shoe tree a few weeks ago to a Finnish lady in Peckham via Freecycle. Who knew there was a Finnish lady in Peckham in need of a shoe tree?

9:56 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

My Mum just emptied out her house on a similar site, except that one was more of a for sale and free stuff. You should join a rugby club - when my sister lived in England theirs furnished their house!

Anyway, why don't you have any furniture? What was in your flat???

4:31 am  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Can you get stuff delivered to Slovenia?

8:42 am  
Blogger FBT said...

Mr Ink, the Finns are famous for their foot fetishes.

DG, we had a very small flat, now we have a very big house (by our standards anyway).

SMW, I can't believe there is no Bovec Freecycle group! You should start one. Sadly, Wandsworth Freecycle does not have much in the way of agricultural equipment and survivalist paraphernalia.

12:22 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Hmm, I've only shagged one Finn and he didn't have a foot fetish. He did have a staple embedded in his back. It was a bit strange.

I think you shouldn't try to fill the big house then, it will only make it harder to clean. My little flat is already too full. I blame Ikea.

2:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Finnish is a bit obscure. Can we take it you have covered all the major nations, plus Canada, DG

11:53 am  
Blogger FBT said...

did he have the staple embedded in his back before you shagged him, DG, or is that just your own personal fetish?

9:31 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

A staple fetish! Covered nations? MADNESS! I'm a sweet innocent girl, I tell you.

The Finn was an anomaly and the staple was some leftover from some surgery - or so he said. I may not have "covered nations", but I've learned a thing or two about the stories men tell to keep a lass in bed!

6:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder how many nations Phiz has covered.

5:11 am  
Blogger FBT said...

way not enough, in my humble opinion

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home