03 May, 2009

Gardening

Went down to Homebase and bought many berries, currants, herbs and leaves, and spent the whole day in the garden planting them out and preparing new beds. It was just heaven. I love my little house and my little 18th century walled garden!

Had to make cloches out of 1 litre plastic water bottles cut in half, to stop Russell Crow getting at our tiny sweetcorn plants. He spends all his time rustling around in the bushes at the back of the garden. As he is too fat to fly far, he hops around with incredible speed - I think he thinks he is some kind of squirrel or other rodent.

5 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

I love crows. We have lots, so I watch them all the time. They're so awkward and bouncy, they always make me laugh. Sometimes out loud while I'm walking down the street on my own, which makes me look a little crazy.

But it's no good if he's eating your wee corn.

Did you know that 1-year-old crows come back to the nest a year later to help with the new babies? I though that was nice.

11:03 pm  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

I finally have a herb garden now - hurray! At last some perrenials put down roots. Perhaps you feel the same?

6:16 am  
Blogger FBT said...

you know me, Smw, I'm just an old tumble-weed!

8:29 am  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

Aimlessly drifting around the dessert that is investment banking, collecting nothing but dust

8:01 am  
Blogger FBT said...

alright, you don't have to depress me!

11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home