20 October, 2007

Opera

Just got back from Die Walkure. I've seen more opera in the past week than I have in the past 8 years before this! Placido Domingo was Siegmund, Susan Bullock as Brunnhilde. I'm really enjoying it, but I must say that as a Ring novice I would actually like to see a straight Ring, with all the pomp and circumstance, before I see the ironic commentary on it.

On half-term hols now - hooray!

And asked my boss if I could shift my office hours to 8am-4pm, and then work from home after that so I can spend more time with the kids, and he said yes. Hooray hooray! So I'm going to start doing that from after the half-term hols.

Today was Home Clothes day at the girls' school, but only Curly went in her home clothes, as LSS didn't realise that it applied to the whole school, not just Curly's class. Understandably, since Larry hadn't mentioned anything about it. So Larry turned up in her school uniform - and was the only person in her class who did. LSS called me up in a lather and we agonised over whether she would be scarred for life by this. Then we recalled that if such a thing had ever happened to either of us when we were at school (and we could both recall far more embarrassing things happening), our parents would not have given a tiny little rat's ass - thus ensuring that we both grew up to be the robustly insensitive and unneurotic people we are today. So no more was said. And Larry came home apparently untraumatised.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

The kids must be excited to see you home early!

I guess Larry is a happy child ... that nothing can bother her much?

2:53 am  
Blogger gilamonster said...

What are you doing for halfterm? I think too late to get time off now but I'm redundant anyway, so who knows?

9:42 am  
Blogger FBT said...

we're going to Shropshire Tues, Wed, Thurs - wanna come?

11:16 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is Susan Bullock as tasty as Sandra Bullock?

1:19 am  
Blogger FBT said...

only if you like them chubby. I must say, I had in mind something more like Lara Croft for the top Valkyrie.

10:01 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

Is she in the Hattie Jacques mold? That is Suasan/Sandra not Larry.

word check - ulekcim: Turkish stringed instrument once favoured by george Formby

10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home