13 October, 2007

Sushi Sickness

LSS returns from the cornershop tonight, whither he has repaired to purchase a tin of peas (gack! horror!) and confirms (prefaced by the careful proviso that he is no woman but) the new fellow behind the counter there is indeed one goodlooking guy. I should think all up and down our road, women are showing a new-found enthusiasm for popping down to the cornershop: "Oh, don't bother going out, dear. I'll go and get your beer for you. Why am I putting on lipstick? Oh, I just thought I would."

La Bayadere was lovely - a real old-fashioned nineteenth century ballet with all the fixings and a corps de ballet all in white tutus, floating about like flowers in a red velvet box. Unfortunately the sushi that we had beforehand made Larry feel bilious and gave me a splitting headache (I can't eat sushi anymore it seems, very sad). Still, enjoyed it very much. And as a bonus there was a lovely piece of man-flesh on the tube, in his running gear, sitting directly opposite us, whom I amused myself by staring at so obviously that he didn't know where to put himself.

Also bought myself a metronome from a shop on Denmark Street. Came home and ate mountains of cottage pie and aforementioned tinned peas.

LSS is totally incommunicado but from the sounds trickling through from the sittingroom, it sounds as though England are through to the finals of the World Cup. Hooray!

6 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

I've only just realised you meant he was male. Right, now that I'm caught up, how could you let LSS get the tinned peas?

I can't eat sushi either, for me it's the soy that gets tucked in (and really, what's sushi without soy?.) It's the only food I've had to give up that I akshually miss. The G loves it. He used to call it Shoe-she. Now I can't tell what he calls it because he shoves it all in his mouth.

Speaking of motty at the store, there were 4 firemen walking into my supermarket this morning. Yum, Yum, Yum, and Yum. Not in their fire gear, either, just uniforms so their hose-lugging bodies were right there for the savouring.

11:29 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

England in the world cup final? Can't be footy then. Tiddlywinks? Dwoil flonking perhaps? Hamburgers eaten in one minute? Nope. I give up.

2:44 am  
Blogger random.thoughts said...

In my house peas are considered the devil's work by all apart from myself who gladly gorges on the frozen ones or the mushy type from the chip shop which I consider a delicacy.

8:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:45 pm  
Blogger Tiny said...

I don't mind peas but I can't say I love them. One time, I bought a bag of fresh peas. They tasted so much better than the frozen ones that I finally understand why people like peas!

Is there a possible way to check out someone without making it obvious?

10:13 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

oh, yes. I find it much easier to be discreet than to be obvious. In fact, if it seems to you that I never ever look at you (and possibly am not aware of your existence), it probably means I fancy you. Although it might mean that I am genuinely unaware of your existence. You see, you'll never know!

I like peas, just not tinned ones.

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home