13 December, 2008

Cough cough cough

just recovered from a bout of flu that left me utterly prostrated for 4 days - I missed two days of work, which I have never done in my life, and of course made me think that this is the beginning of the end and that my body is breaking down and will never recover.

Anyway, so I'm fine again, but still coughing and feeling too limp to go to today's rehearsal for Mozart's Requiem, which means I will not be doing the concert tonight, which is a shame, but I just don't feel up to it.

Irish Academic came to stay for a couple of days and showered us with lovely gifts including a Spode dish, a scarf that has the appearance of being knitted out of oatmeal and a tinkly silver ornament for our Xmas tree. She is so nice - I love people who come to stay bearing gifts.

Went to Christmas dinner with the team last night at a private members' club which has a public dining room - it was in trendy Shoreditch but I thought it was a bit lame really and the food was definitely nothing to write about, especially for the money. But there you are, hopefully soon the recession will begin to bite and rip-off places like these will all go to the wall. Christmas spirit! Bah humbug!

Got our new old piano today, from off Ebay. Just need to get it tuned and we are good to go.

It is half past two and so grey and drippy there hardly seems to be any point in staying up. I think maybe I will bake a cake.

3 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Glad to hear you're better. Get some ColdFX.

Don't all house guests come bearing gifts? I would.

I've been missing the Christmas parties in HK. All flash and fancy and while the food was never anything to write about, the drinks and twinkling lights were always nice. Around here it's all "heartwarming" "familial" and "cosy". I've made fudge but I'd really prefer champagne.

word verification: phismsed, an expression after it has been improved by the Phiz.

3:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Feeling too limp"? I think Ulie has that trouble too.

7:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home