26 May, 2009

Neighbours

Spent much time in the garden this bank holiday. Amazingly, not everything that we planted has died, and some of the seeds are coming up.

Unfortunately, the fine weather brought the idiot twenty-somethings who live in the first floor flat in the building next to us out onto their roof terrace, which directly overlooks our garden. I don't know what I dislike about them more - their pallid white skin in their pointless bathing suits, their execrable taste in music, their moronic conversation - was I this stupid when I was twenty-something? Is it possible?

On the plus-side, it makes a brilliant situation for a sitcom. LSS has found himself a potential writing partner and is looking for sitcom ideas. Snobbish hidebound elitist forty-somethings, living next to braindead shallow twenty-somethings, in a hideous co-dependent relationship fueled by mutual loathing. Well, it makes me laugh. When I'm not weeping.

4 Comments:

Blogger MacDuff said...

Did they cough up for Christian Aid or would it be unethical to answer that?

10:30 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one slacking on the blog posts!

1:13 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:00 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

July 2009 Conspiracy theory - have the twentysomthings done away with her?

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home