21 May, 2007

Security

We were visiting friends in a highly-protected block yesterday. New guard comes out and we tell him the friends' name. He looks puzzled. Which apartment are they in? Actually, we don't know - we just know how to get there from the gate. So we call the friends who tell the guard that yes, they are expecting us. He lets us in. What is the point of that? The people we called could have been anyone. It could have been my mother in KL. If they are going to rely on a call to the so-called occupants of the apartment, then every apartment-owner should know a secret code, which they can say to the guard, to demonstrate that they are indeed occupants of the block.

He's only doing his job, says LSS pacifically.

I don't mind him doing his job. What I mind is people miming doing their job, while actually performing no useful function. Except me of course.

5 Comments:

Blogger 962 said...

I didnt stop the person who stole your furniture but I do have a description of the truck and the number plate after all im only a security guard.

8:58 am  
Blogger ulaca said...

I'm curious as to how you knew he was a new guard.

5:03 am  
Blogger FBT said...

I know everything.

No, we hadn't seen him before, so we generously assumed he was new, rather than just thick as dung.

5:39 am  
Blogger ulaca said...

Bien entendu! to the first part. I was just puzzled that you'd know who the guards were but not your friend's flat number.

7:06 am  
Blogger FBT said...

yes, it is a mystifying lacuna in my otherwise all-encompassing knowledge

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home