27 November, 2007

Shopping

People in NY are much shoutier than they are in London. Not at me personally, just in general, out on the sidewalk. Or pavement, as we say in quaint old London town.

I had a genuine NY cabbie who did not know where my hotel was on the way in from the airport. Also forget to get a receipt from him which means I will probably have to wear the cost of the cab myself - bother, bother, bother.

Hotel is very near the office but no-one likes to stay there as, in the words of one chap, "it is too trendy". And he was a frontline bloke, not a humble backroom boffin like myself.

Walked up to Saks after work, hit the pre-sale sales and got this coat for 40% off. Now I can look all shiny and new.

5 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Shiny, new *and* warm! I'm still getting used to this winter thing but a nice coat saves on all those bulky layers!

5:48 pm  
Blogger MacDuff said...

Thats still 500 quid - Im shocked.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Songshards said...

Ooooh! Great coat. Looks like it could double as a cape quite nicely if you're in a superhero mood. Does it sort of fan out behind you if you walk really fast with it unbuttoned?

6:26 am  
Blogger FBT said...

it does - it has the most beautiful vent behind, with a button in it. The side-profile on this coat is a thing of beauty. With black tights and serious sober heels. And little black leather gloves. And a butter-wouldn't-melt-in-your-mouth expression.

11:22 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home