08 December, 2007

Works Outing

It was the team Xmas dinner on Thursday - aargh! Actually it wasn't that bad. The organiser in his wisdom had booked a white pimp mobile to take us from the office to central London - 3 women and 20 men, so that can't be bad. I adopted my usual policy of getting drunk as quickly as possible to make the whole thing bearable. Unfortunately nowadays getting drunk means the next morning I display the symptoms of acute alcoholic poisoning. I spent about 4 hours throwing up and dragged myself into the office 2 hours late because I had to conduct an interview. However, several hot chocolates, teas, apple juices and bottles of Evian later, I was fully restored.

Choral soc performance tonight - Cherubini Requiem plus some Mozart piece carefully chosen because it requires exactly the same instruments as the requiem does. We were all supposed to bring along mincepies and I was going to crack out my homemade mincemeat, but my pastry cutters have vanished and a fruitless search through the flat and in fact all of Balham High Road yielded no cutters, even for ready money, so the singers are jolly well going to have to make do with M&S' finest instead.

Also had to go into town to buy a long black skirt and a black top for the performance. It is cold and wet outside. I do not feel like traipsing around Tooting in swirly black crepe in this weather.

Children are watching the Transformers movie on the telly, letting their few remaining brain cells atrophy and die in self-loathing at being subjected to this derivative codswallop.

7 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Charcoal. Take it when you get home from a night like that and all the evils of drink will be absorbed before you wake up.

9:12 pm  
Blogger mango said...

would burnt toast do?

9:14 am  
Blogger dgny said...

LOL, I don't think so. It's usually burnt coconut fronds or some such thing. If it were burnt toast, I'd think anyone with a hangover would have already done it!

4:43 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

i don't get no sympathy. I was ill, I tell you! Ill! It was not a hangover!

7:10 pm  
Blogger 962 said...

Watched jungle book with my son on Sunday. The first time I saw it was with my dad also, remember its the 40th aniversary addition, am I really that old.

Oh dear

12:59 am  
Blogger dgny said...

Sympathy? Are you mad? Show any sympathy around here and you get labeled a suck-up and thrown to the dogs!

5:29 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

it is a savage dog-eat-dog world

10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home