13 January, 2008

Breath of Eastern Bloc Mountain Air

Slovenian Mountain Woman was with us this week, on a flying trip to get her UK driving licence. She received much ribbing for her hair, which was cut in the latest of Budapestian Eastern European Chic style, but which, in combination with her chunky lavender polo neck jumper made her look a little bit like someone lecturing about maths on the Open University at 4am in 1972. No, actually it looked very nice, and considerably less shot with grey than mine or LSS', it's just we were used to her old dynamic short HK I'm too busy to think about hair style.

Yesterday Little Sister and Longtime Fiance kindly babysat while we went to see Lust Caution at the Clapham Picture House. Really enjoyed it - it was a good old-fashioned 1940s melodrama, very much like the movies it was referencing - Intermezzo, Suspicion etc - only with lots of explicit shagging.

4 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

When I was in Prague, all the women had these shaggy streaked with very contrasting highlights hair styles. on some, it looked really good, on others, it looked like they'd just spilled bleach on their heads.

Of course I don't know why anyone wouldn't have a fabulous haircut, given I can't have one!

5:29 pm  
Blogger Caroline Biebuyck said...

now safely returned from my brief encounter with the intellectual high life on the wandsworth edge.

fbt, you should be glad that i hadn't gone the whole slovene hog and dyed my hair red in truly local style. smm thinks you should be shot for suggesting i get my hair cut. that's how we sort out disagreements around here.

9:53 am  
Blogger FBT said...

I didn't suggest you get your hair cut. I enjoy ribbing you about your 70s Open University lecturer coiffure. Can I suggest a fifties perm for your next styling?

9:32 pm  
Blogger Tiny said...

I like "Lust Caution" too. It's just that my parents were sitting next to me at the theatre and I couldn't help blushing during those scenes.

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home