20 August, 2010

39 Steps

Just finished watching this on i-Player - the Rupert Penry-Jones version. Drool.

Weekend at last. Must do some weeding. Also there's a dead blackbird in our front garden.

Have finally got round to printing out the last draft of the book, preparatory to sending it off to Cornerstones to see if they'll help me get an agent. Bracing myself for inevitable rejection by making alternative plans. SCBWI Agents' Party in September, plus crawling up the Authonomy ranks. Maybe I should re-start working on Charlie. That should get my mind off it. There are always more stories to tell when you're an inveterate romantic!

5 Comments:

Blogger dgny said...

Tell them that *I* want to read it and to get their sorry arses in gear.

Have you tried approaching agents for authors you like? They always thank them in the forwards and I expect some of them might be bored with their current stables and looking for a young filly to spice things up (I mean you).

8:32 am  
Blogger MacDuff said...

Glad to see you are back. You do sound different though.
How can I get to read see your book for nothing? I sense there is a way.

9:06 pm  
Blogger Foamier said...

What an astonishing coincidence, Phiz - I've just re-read the book on my handy Sony e-reader.

How the devil are you, by the way?

7:02 am  
Blogger ulaca said...

Difficult to beat the 1935 version with the Candadian (asthmatic) hunk Robert Donat.

8:08 am  
Blogger FBT said...

You know, I've never seen the Robert Donat version. I'll save that one for my Xmas viewing.

5:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home