22 January, 2011

Marmalade

Tis the season for Seville oranges and LSS has made vast quantities of marmalade. It looked really runny last night so he boiled and re-boiled it until he could stand it no more, poured it despairingly into sterilised jars and left it till morning. And lo! when we came downstairs in the morning, the runny orange stuff had set into the glowing amber sticky chunky peel-laden English breakfast comestible and I am having some on toast even as we speak, with a nice hot cup of tea.

And if anyone wants to know what they are getting for Christmas, birthdays, house-warming gifts, thank-you presents etc for the rest of the year, I'll give you a hint - it comes in a jar...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiny said...

Oooh, I love marmalade!

9:29 pm  
Blogger FBT said...

Hey, Tiny, good to hear from you!

9:43 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Ooh, I love it when my cooking comes together!

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home